Salesforce Live Agent is a native Salesforce tool that provides the ability to communicate in real-time with your users. Live Agent connect with customers or website visitors in real time through a Web-based, text-only live chat. You can customize Live Agent to create a personalized chat experience for your customer service agents and the customers they serve using custom code.
Step to configure live agent:
1. setup > Live Agent Settings
2. Enable Live Agent
3. setup > Skills > New
4. Setup > Live Agent Configurations > New
5. setup > Chat Buttons & Invitations >New
6. setup > Deployments > New
Copy Deployment code and Copy Chat button code and save as Html.
7.Setup > Apps > New > Console > Create a service console
8. Select the app that’s you create and Open the HTML file in the browser and communicate.
Note: You can customize the live agent as you required, like the chat window, button, msgs, UI. You can use this script on your website pages.